ENTER THE ESL ONE Hamburg 2019 COSPLAY COMPETITION
Europe’s biggest Dota 2 cosplay competition
Europe’s biggest Dota 2 cosplay competition is coming back to Hamburg in 2019! The cosplay contest has been a long-standing part of the festival experience at ESL One and will once again give every talented and aspiring cosplayers a chance to unveil their newest creations in front of thousands of fans live. We can't wait to see all these amazing costumes at Barclaycard Arena again.
3000 € PRIZE MONEY
The cosplay contest will feature a total price money pool of 3000 € which will be distributed to the top 10 live on stage.
pRIZE MONEY distribution
live on stage
The contest will conclude during the main broadcast on Saturday, October 26th with the the top 10 being presented live on stage.
Registration is required to participate within the ESL One Hamburg 2019 cosplay contest and is open until October 13th 23:59 CEST.
Every approved cosplayer enjoys free access to the event and gets an exclusive Cosplayer badge, even if not participating in the contest.
live on stream
The top 10 will be presented on stage, streamed live - including your nickname and twitter handle if you wish so.
And everything you need to know
ESL One Hamburg 2019 has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for harassment of any kind, including but not limited to:
- offensive verbal comments
- physical assault and/or battery
- harassing or non-consensual photography or recording
- sustained disruption of Panels, signings, and other events
- bathroom policing
- inappropriate physical contact
- unwelcome physical attention
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
We know it's super exciting to finally meet your favorite hero in real life, but please keep in mind that our talented cosplayers are also here to enjoy the event, just like you! Make sure to always ask permission first before taking a picture and keep it mind that they spent hours on hours on their hand-made creations, so please don't touch any of their props without consent.
If a person engages in harassing behavior, ESL One Hamburg staff will take prompt action in any form they deem appropriate, including expulsion from the Event with if needed.
Anyone can report harassment. If someone’s behavior has made you uncomfortable, or if you witness the same happening to someone else, you should immediately contact ESL staff, security team or a Minion.
- Must be Dota 2 related.
- May not include liquids, gels, or other messy substances.
- In order to enter the competition, costumes need to be self-made.
- The entrant must be able to easily maneuver their costume over stairs or ramps unassisted.
- Handmade accessories designed by third parties are allowed in so much as they do not represent more than 20% of the finished costume, that also includes bought parts.
- The costume cannot include, or otherwise utilize, any edged weapons (such as knives, daggers, swords), or blunt weapons (clubs, maces or other crushing weapons) in steel, iron or any type of heavy material.
- Banned also are firearms of any kind including air guns or any other type of projectile weapon regardless of whether it is unloaded or nonfunctional. Bows must not be functional to be allowed.
- All weapons will be examined upon entering the venue.
- The Judges will be chosen by ESL and may include ESL employees which are familiar with the topic cosplay or cosplayers on their own.
- The judging criteria are: Creativity, materials used, stitching, fit, attention to details, overall complexity level, and functionality of the costume, likeness to the hero, quality of craftmanship for each part of the costume.
- Judges will be closely inspecting each costume, inside and out as well as asking several questions regarding the creation process.
- Costumes that has been worn to a previous ESL One Cosplay Competition and placed within the top 10 are excluded from participation except major parts are getting reworked.
- This competition will be a craftsmanship competition.
- Judging will take place in a separate area on Saturday 26th of October
- No performances necessary for judging.
- Only self made costumes will be allowed into the competition.
- Prejudging will be required for to compete in the competition.
- Top 10 will be announced after the judging process is done.
- Top 10 will be presented on stage.
- Cosplayers will be assigned to time slots they have to appear for the judging.
Hey, I'm the organizer and main judge for all of our cosplay competitions for Dota 2. I've started cosplaying in 2004, had a break during my teenage years and came back a couple of years ago. I've been to tons of conventions, participated in 10+ contests and have been a cosplay judge at different competitions in europe.
- Registry will require name, e-mail address and country of residence.
- By registering for the event, you consent to ESL’s use of this information to associate your name with your submission in promotional materials for the competition.
- Pictures will be taken for every entrant of the ESL One Hamburg 2019 Cosplay Competition and additional pictures may be taken during the event of every cosplayer.
- Any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries
- Telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures
- Any contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of ESL