Enter the biggest Dota 2 cosplay cOmpetition in europe
Europe’s biggest Dota 2 cosplay competition makes its stop for the second year in a row in Hamburg. The cosplay contest has been a long-standing part of the festival experience at ESL One and will once again give every talented and aspiring cosplayers a chance to unveil their newest creations in front of thousands of fans live at the Barclaycard Arena in October!
3000 € PRIZE MONEY
The cosplay contest will feature a total price money pool of 3000 € which will be distributed to the top 10 live on stage.
LIVE ON STAGE
The contest will conclude during the main broadcast on Saturday, 27th with the the top 10 being presented live on stage.
Every approved cosplayer enjoys free access to the event and gets an exclusive Cosplayer badge, even if not participating in the contest.
We will be live streaming segments, interviews and the judging process on Facebook with with selected cosplayers entering the contest.
Registration is required to participate within the ESL One Hamburg 2018 cosplay contest and is open until October 20th 23:59 CEST.
If you have any questions related to the cosplay contest, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or join the official Facebook group!
And everything you need to know
- Must be Dota 2 related.
- May not include liquids, gels, or other messy substances.
- In order to enter the competition, costumes need to be self-made.
- The entrant must be able to easily maneuver their costume over stairs or ramps unassisted.
- The costume cannot include, or otherwise utilize, any edged weapons (such as knives, daggers, swords), or blunt weapons (clubs, maces or other crushing weapons) in steel, iron or any type of heavy material.
- Banned also are firearms of any kind including air guns or any other type of projectile weapon regardless of whether it is unloaded or nonfunctional. Bows must not be functional to be allowed.
- All weapons will be examined upon entering the venue.
- Registry will require name, e-mail address and country of residence.
- By registering for the event, you consent to ESL’s use of this information to associate your name with your submission in promotional materials for the competition.
- Pictures will be taken for every entrant of the ESL One Hamburg 2018 Cosplay Competition and additional pictures may be taken during the event of every cosplayer.
- This competition will be a Craftsmanship competition.
- The cosplay competition will take place on Saturday October 27th
- No performances necessary for judging.
- Only self made costumes will be allowed into the competition.
- Judging will take place in a separate area on Saturday 27th of Oct.
- Prejudging will be required for to compete in the competition.
- Judges will be closely inspecting each costume, inside and out as well as asking several questions regarding the creation process.
All participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisers, employees and agencies will not be responsible for:
- Any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries
- Telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures
- Any contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of ESL
ESL reserves the right to deny entry to the cosplay competition to anyone who violates the event rules.
easy life, easy subscribe!
Monthly Newsletter just for you
Sign up now and never miss anything about ESL One Hamburg ever again ♥